We continually work at making Webforum better for you. These are some of the more noteworthy improvements lately:
- – “Save as PDF” now works for the older Microsoft Office file types of .doc .xls and .ppt as well as the later .docx .xlsx and .pptx.
- – Overdue Issues are marked in red in the “My open issues” widget on the workspace start page. We also show issue end dates in the widget.
- – On the project start page, you can see more information about the user when you hover over their image. Job title, company and mobile phone numbers are displayed if they exist in the system.
- – When generating a zip-file from a number of documents in a project or workspace the file can now be saved straight to Webforum as well as to your local computer.
- – If your internet connection is lost while updating a file through the Webforum plugin, we now give you the possibility to choose where to save the file instead. Previously we always saved it to the Webforum plugin temp files.
- – Workspace administrators can choose a default message to add to invitations to the workspace. This can be used for legal disclaimers, information about how personal data is collected and used or just to add a personal touch.
- – Security, performance and quality work is of course always ongoing and we release many minor improvements in these areas also.
We love to support the way you work. One way of doing that is to allow you to use our open API to integrate with other systems. You can now update a folder via the api (PUT folder end point for techies) and we allow you to change a project number so that it is the same in two separate systems. Each project number on a workspace still needs to be unique but we’ll check that when you change it.
With the responsibility of administering comes a need for control – especially on who can see what. In this release we include more ways of seeing permissions for admins. Project administrators will be able to see effective permissions for any user in the project under the user detail in the project’s admintab.
In the widget for “My open issues” on the workspace Start page, you can see all the open issues that you are currently assigned. To get a better understanding of what is most urgent, we now sort the issues according to their end dates. Issues with no end date are sorted last and overdue issues will have the date in red.
Links are an integral part of how we share and explore contents on the web. With this release you can add links as documents in your project or workspace. One of the advantages of adding links in documents is that you can benefit from all the standard features for documents, like reviews, meta data etc for your links. So, even if your contractors want to keep a document in Sharepoint or Google docs, you can now add the link in the right place in your Webforum Documents structure to make sure that you have everything in the right place and a single source of truth. Or share a link to your competitor’s website to make sure you always have the latest news in your competivite analysis. You find the possibility to add link in the “Add”-menu in Documents.
When dealing with permissions we have some definite guidelines – be clear, reduce the number of distinct permissions to make it easy, plan ahead, and work with roles (groups)! We have introduced groups on the project level to make this easier and we now implement a system group for Project Administrators. The purpose is to make it easier to see who has complete control over the project, including the permission set up. Workspace administrators and project administrators can change who is included in the group in the Admin tab for the project under the section for project groups. The project administrator group in your current projects will be populated by the users who have individual full permissions to the project.
The two users with full permissions will be automatically included in the new system group Project administrators.
The activity report is a great way to keep updated on all changes to the documentation on the workspace. To make it easier to understand which project is affected we now split the information per project. The documents that are on the top level only will continue to be listed straight under the workspace and project documentation under each project. An added benefit is that users with access to documents only through the project will also start getting activity reports.
Nobody likes talking to deaf ears and with this release we make sure that your communication hits the intended target. You can now mention a specific person or group in your post or comment on the project start page to ensure that they get notified about it via email. Just type @ in your text to open a list of people/groups to notify. Notifications are also sent to the original author of a post when someone comments on it.