In the July release we introduce the possibility of marking these documents or folders as favourites to make them super easy to find.
Read about the latest product releases of Webforum
More targeted search in the new document's version
What: Improved the logic around how the search engine works when searching for files in new document´s version.
Why: To help the user find what they are looking for in a faster and smoother way.How:
- Activate the New Documents version with the toggle in the upper right corner.
- Search with any form of word combination (instead of only the exact order of the document title)
- Find what you are looking for faster and smoother!
Auto-renaming an uploaded documents with duplicate name
What: If a document with the same name already exists in a folder during upload, the product will now auto-rename it with a numbering increase.
- Example: If a file document A.docx is uploaded and it already exists a document with the same name and file extension, the uploaded document will get the name "document A (1)".
Why: To simplify the process of uploading documents to a folder, so a user is not blocked if there is a name duplicate, but also is able to distinguish them once uploaded.How:
- Activate the new documents version.
- Upload documents as normal.
Login page information update
What: The right side of the login page have been updated.
Why: To 1) inform about Webforum and 2) help users troubleshoot if there are any issues with the login process.How:
- Go to Webforum login page and check out the information on the right side (deactivated on smaller screens): Logga in - Webforum
Sharper view when zooming on larger PDFs
What: Sharper and more detailed understanding when zooming in on larger PDFs.
Why: To make it crystal clear what is written in detail on a large PDF.How:
- Go to Documents (both old and new)
- Open and zoom in deep on a larger PDF to get more crisp view
Improved commenting flow on PDFs for smaller screens
What: Moved the comment functionalities while viewing PDFs to the lower side of the screen for smaller screens (instead of on the right side as it is on larger screens). You will also find the path back to Webforum here as well as other opportunities to download the PDF etc.
Why: To make the comment and review process of PDFs on smaller screens (e.g. smartphones) smoother and more intuitive.
- Go to documents (both old and new)
- Open any PDF on a device with smaller screen
- Find the comment section in the bottom of the screen
First version of New Documents (Beta):
What: First version of the New Documents module will be released for everyone to test out if and when they want. In this first version, some of the basic document functionalities from the old module will be in place as well as some that only will exist on the new module, such as;
- Upload documents up to 100 GB, instead of only 2 GB which is the current limit.
- Adaption to any screen size, for better user experience on mobile devices.
- Enabling of improved Workspace Search, only when the New Documents is activated.
Why: To allow for gather early feedback on the new module, so that we can incorporate user feedback and insights in coming developments of the New Documents Module.
- Go to “Documents” in a project.
- Click the toggle in the upper right corner from “OFF” to “ON” to activate and test the new version.
- A pop-up screen will appear with information about the New Documents module, with a link to a guide of the New Documents as well as a way to provide feedback for improvements.
- Use the toggle in the upper right corner to go back and forth between the New (“ON”) and Old (“OFF”) version whenever you want!
Resolving name conflicts automatically
What: If a document already exists with the same name in a folder, the file will automatically get a numeric value to its name. This will apply when uploading or copying any type of file to a folder or document set.
Why: To simplify the process of managing documents in Webforum.
- Upload or copy a file to a folder.
- If it already exists a file with the same name, the conflict will be solved automatically with “(#)” increasing from 1.
NPS survey only after at least two months:
What: We will from now on only prompt the NPS survey in the platform for users that have been on the platform for more than two months.
Why: To only ask users that have used the platform for a while to provide feedback, for us to use as insights for further improvements of the product.
How: This will happen automatically, and the users can choose if they want to answer the survey or not.
Comment on PDF while viewing
What: Enabling to add comments to specific PDFs directly in the document's module during “View” mode (same functionality that already exists on documents, excel and powerpoints)
Why: To ensure that comments (e.g. reviews or discussions are connected to specific and relevant documents) can be associated with relevant documents and available directly on the platform, instead of at separate locations.
- Go to “Documents” in a project and open any PDF file
- Click “View” button on the right-hand side pan
- Click the “Comment” button on the right-hand side when the PDF viewer is open to be able to comment while reading it through
- Comments are saved on the documents side bar in a similar fashion as when commenting on office online commenting
Export decision log from Q&A board
What: Enabling export of all current and historic decisions made by whom and when on all tasks in a specific Q&A board.
Why: To be able to extract, save and share a log of decisions made on various tasks in a Q&A board outside of the Webforum platform (e.g. for compliancy purpose or to be able to modify the decisions data in excel).
- Go to “Boards” -> “Q&A” in a project
- Click the three dots and choose “Export”
- Open the excel export
- On the second tab, you´ll find all the Task ID, Decision, by whom and when.